Friday, January 04, 2008

Ballard's

It's kinda rare to find an auto mechanic with real integrity. Daddy found one, and it's a treasure. Ballard's, in south Fort Worth, Texas.

They almost always get things right the first time. They're not the cheapest, but in my experience, they're the best. And this week reinforced my opinion.

A friend has been borrowing Daddy's '93 Caprice temporarily. It's had some problems, mostly due to my letting it sit. Latest problem was a fuel pump, which I had Ballard's replace. Two days later, the car died again, and in one of the worst neighborhoods of south Dallas.

I had Ballard's tow the car back to their shop to find out what was wrong... turns out the fuel pump they had installed was defective from the factory, but didn't fail until it had run for several hours.

This morning, Kevin Ballard called me to say the car was ready, and that I didn't owe them anything, INCLUDING the 30+ mile tow.

Defective parts do happen, occasionally, but the way Ballard's handled this (we will make it RIGHT) is why Daddy did, and I do, continue to use them anytime it's something too complicated for me, or something I need done faster than I can do it myself. Kevin and Sue Ballard will stand behind their work. Period.

My greatest cost today, and it's one that I can live with *grin* was that I had to let Sue play with Alex for about 30 minutes :)

THAT, my friends, is a mechanic shop to trust.

Ballard's almost always gets it right the first time. And if something still comes up wrong, THEY MAKE IT RIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home