Wednesday, January 04, 2006

YUM! -or- Beef - it's what's for dinner

I'm not much of a cook.

Now, I managed to never starve myself during the times I lived alone - but really, I'm not much of a cook.

Not at all like Chris. Just reading about his Recipes for Real Men causes two simultaneous reactions - my mouth starts watering, and my arteries clog.

I've made a deal, I think, with Mrs. cap'mo to make the Macaroni and Cheese next time cap'mo and I are spinning wrenches - probably Saturday - I'll buy the ingredients if she cooks it. Should be enough to feed me, cap'mo, Mrs. cap'mo, and the kiddos, and hopefully some leftovers.

But tonight, I did ok. I know my way around steaks on a grill - not quite so good with chicken, IMO, or maybe I just prefer steak - and tonight Lisa made some twice-baked potatoes and crescent rolls, and I grilled a couple of steaks TO PERFECTION. If I do say so myself.

By the way, if you like grilling, and don't mind paying for excellent cuts of meat, check out Omaha Steak Company. And no, this isn't a paid ad - I'm just a customer. I can find cheaper stuff at the the grocery store, but this is definately a case of "You get what you pay for". And since it's just Lisa and I, it doesn't add up to much extra. But we've NEVER gotten anything from them that didn't turn out first class. And as Lisa just pointed out - it's home delivery. That means I don't have to go to the grocery store, WOOHOO!

The doggies were outside with me while I was grilling - they seemed quite jealous. Speaking of which, it's about their dinnertime. I'll post more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home