Monday, May 28, 2007

I Have Found A New Level of SUCK

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out." -- Thomas Babington Macaulay

I propose a corollary: Workmanship is how something is built, in an area no-one will ever look.

Along that line, I was putting up trim around the inside of the closet door in the baby's room earlier, and putting baseboards around the inside of the bottom of the closet. And that's where I found the New Level of Suck.

SUCK is when trying to put up trim, using a finish nailer, Estwing hammer, and Craftsman nailset, and having to swing the hammer left-handed, because that's the only way to reach the damn tiny-assed nails.

But it's done now, and it would take one PICKY sumbitch to find the few flaws... and that level of picky, inside a closet, just needs its ass kicked, unless it's from the guy who did the work in the first place.

Altogether, I'm satisfied with it, but I still don't like using a hammer for finish work left-handed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home