Friday, May 18, 2007

Back to CarBlogging

Wednesday, while I was waiting to get a call back from the vet about Lucky, a stranger drove up the driveway. Guy about Dad's age.

Said he wanted to build a late 60s - early 70s car for one of his kids, and wanted to know if I was interested in selling any of the old steel I've got.

I showed him around the parking lot, and he gravitated toward the '66 Chrysler Newport. YAY!!! That's the car that I'd like to see something interesting done with, I just don't have the interest to do that particular car myself.

For some reason, I was thinking the V8 in that car was in the 283 cubic inch category. Couldn't find any ID badges on it anywhere, so I left a message for Granddaddy - I believe he was the car's first owner.

Granddaddy set me straight - that V8 is a *383*, with a 2-barrel carb. Much more interesting :)

Probably not interesting enough for me to do something with it, still... I have too many other projects that I really WANT to do, and don't know if I'll EVER have enough time and money for them... but it being a 383 should make the Chrysler a more interesting project for someone else.

I don't know how serious this guy is; I need to give him a call back. Anybody else find this car intriguing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home