Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day

Screw Communism, it's dead. To Hell with all the illegal aliens protesting today, and the organizers trying to register illegals to vote should all be arrested.

'Nuff said about that.

I've been married for four years, as of today. That's a lot more important to me than a bunch of commie sympathizers and vote fraudsters.

Lisa, bless her heart, took today off and took care of Alex. I took the dogs to the groomers (since without Alex to take care of, I could put them in the back seat of the truck) and Lisa and I got the garden virtually weed-free, built 18 tomato cages, got several of them set up, and gave the garden a good watering. I also got my first real sunburn of the year (wearing jeans and a t-shirt, so it will be an actual farmer's tan).

Found a lot of carrots I hadn't noticed - apparently one of the storms that happened shortly after planting washed a LOT of the carrot seeds off their raised rows and down into the valleys between the rows. Which meant no hoeing; weeds had to be trimmed from between the rows by pulling them out by the roots. Sore hands, and hopefully bountiful carrots, are the result.

Tired and unromantic dinner of pizza; Lisa and Alex had blueberry muffins for breakfast though. I had just enough time to bake them before having to hit the road to get the dogs going for their summer haircuts.

Busy May Day; lots of good stuff in spite of the commies and border-jumpers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rivrdog said...

Nice Victory Garden you've got going there, Aaron.

Is Alex able to out-run you yet?

10:20 PM  
Blogger Aaron Neal said...

Thanks much, it's coming in nicely!

One of these days I'll remember to take a real camera, not just a cellphone, and get some pics.

We actually had our first harvest Thursday - some of the collard greens (cold-loving plants, planted early) were big enough to pick this week.

Alex isn't as fast as I am yet, but he has a new game - running in circles in his exersaucer chasing Daddy. I usually get dizzy before he does.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home