Friday, March 17, 2006

A Food Post I Didn't Do

Kevin over at The Smallest Minority has a post up about Rice-A-Roni Express Packs, the kind of thing I might have reviewed over at Paratus.

I say "might have", because #1: I don't like regular Rice-A-Roni. And #2: After reading Kevin's review, I don't think I'll subject myself to that muck, no matter how efficient it looks.

After all, learning from others' mistakes is far preferable to committing the mistake yourself.

Thanks for taking one for the team, Kevin.

[edit] This does bring up an important point - before laying in large stocks of foodstuffs (or anything, for that matter), make sure it WORKS. In the case of food, make sure it's something you and yours can actually stomach. What's the point of having plenty of food, if you can only make yourself choke down half the calories you need per day because it tastes so bad?

In my case, the "Food Project" is something I'd been planning to do for a while, for just this reason. Even had Rivrdog not wanted my posts, I'd still be doing the periodic testing that I've been writing about, making sure Lisa and I will actually enjoy what we're stocking up on. Sharing it via Paratus is just a bonus. [/edit]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home