Friday, March 10, 2006

New Series

As I said earlier (and apparently well enough to have been mentioned in the Carnival of Curmudeons!) I don't know as much about the Constitution as I should.

I'm about to start correcting this. You're welcome to come along with me, on this semi-regular series of posts. Comments are highly encouraged.

------------------------
The Constitution of the United States

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Article. I.
Section. 1. All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.
------------------------

Just a short one tonight, but I'm going to go through the whole thing here over time. Stay tuned.

[edit] Lisa pointed out a typo above, which has since been corrected. At this point, I want to note that I'm not doing copy-paste for this series - I'm manually typing the whole thing from my book, "The Declaration of Independance and The Constitution of the United States". Copy-paste won't teach me a damn thing, having to manually type it might help it set in a little better. [/edit]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home