Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'm Sorry

This apology is aimed directly at Kim duToit, Misha, Mr. Clarke, and Mrs. Larson.

Although you aren't the only ones deserving of an apology, you're the ones I know of.

RARELY will you find me apologizing for something I didn't do; however, since I voted for George Bush in 2004, I feel that after his speech tonight, I owe all of you an apology.

I'm sorry that the man I voted for for President in 2004 turned out to be a scumsucking sonofabitch who wants to denigrate the hard work each of you did to become American citizens.

I'm sorry that he wants to allow criminals to "cut to the head of the line" in front of the people in the countries you came from, who today are waiting their turn to apply for U.S. citizenship - or even a green card to come work here legally.

President Bush's speech tonight was a slap in the face to all of you who worked so hard to get here and become American citizens - and I don't agree with that at all.

I've read Misha, read (and once met) Kim; I've worked with Mr. Clarke, and I've heard about Mrs. Larson's difficult journey to American citizenship. Something I was fortunate enough to be born with, and I see people all over (many of them better folks than I) working their asses off to EARN a place here.

And Bush wants to give it away to criminals.

I still think Bush was a better (or maybe less bad) choice than Kerry... but, my friends, I'm sorry for this insult my President has given you.

Know that I value you as some of the best Americans I know, and I DON'T support President Bush in his amnesty proposals, no matter how they're dressed up. I appreciate the work you did to get here, and to stand beside me as Americans, and I WILL NOT support any shortcuts that demean the efforts you put forth.

Thank you, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home