Friday, May 16, 2008

'80s Retrocool

Car Craft Magazine has an article this month (not currently available online, or I'd link it) on a 1970 Dodge Challenger - beautiful musclecar.

It was rebuilt in the early '80s, and was a CC cover car in June of 83. It has the 80s-era gloss black basecoat, with near-neon angular stripes along the side, and mirror-image crossing stripes on the hood.

And that's what I wanted to do with my '74 Maverick when I was in high school. BADLY.

And you know what? If it's not overdone, that still looks good today, 25 years later. When I rebuild the Mav (my first car, and still in my possession), I think I'll go ahead and do it '80s retro, just for fun. Of course, the powertrain will be something more modern (probably a late-80s 5.0 V8 and 5-speed), but I'll go for the look that was so popular back when I was in high school, driving the car every day, and working on it most days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home