Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Alexander the Great Explorer

Alex learned to crawl in grass today. Until now, he didn't like the feel of grass on his legs or hands... but since it was relatively cool today (low-mid 70s), I had him dressed in jeans... and he got used to grass on his hands.


And once that barrier was broken, there was no stopping him (short of picking him up and putting him back into baby-jail (ie, playpen).


Gotta watch out for ants, as he doesn't understand them yet. But he crawled to and from the garden, to the steprails on the truck, to Mommy's car, back to the truck, and all around... exploring the world around him :)

We'll see what happens when the weather turns hot again, and he's in shorts with bare knees. Somehow, I don't think he'll be slowed down for long, or very much.

Background to these shots are potatoes, sweet potatoes, collard greens, green beans, sweet peas, jalapenos, and (distantly) corn.

I promised Granny (my grandmother, Alex's great-grandmother) some pics of the garden... I have a few, but I think I'll post them in the morning. Kinda late here, and my (as-of-yesterday) eleven-month-old son wore me out just a bit today :)

Busy little boy... and tons of fun :)

Garden pics later Tuesday. I may just make Og jealous, maybe :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home