Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dogs

If you do your job right, as a dog owner, you'll keep your dogs healthy... keep fences good, and keep them out of traffic...

And if you do it right, sooner or later, you'll have to decide it's time to put your dog down due to old age.

Buddy was Daddy's dog, whom I've cared for since Daddy died. Today was his day. More thoughts/observations will follow, but he was (vet estimate) 20 years old. VERY old for a medium-large dog.

As I thought about his age a night or two ago... "When Buddy was a pup, nobody outside of Arkansas had heard of Bill Clinton". And I wasn't long out of High School, and couldn't legally buy a beer.

Miss ya, Buddy, Elder Statesman of the Pack.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Horse said...

Losing a life long friend is hard, I remember every dog or cat I have lost or had to put down.

My last cat couldn't move when I did, and spent the last years of her life living with my best friend. She would daily go over and climb a tree where she could sit all day and watch the chickens in their coupe.

Couple months back now my mate called me, she didn't come home he found her asleep, up in the tree. I miss her still but I am comforted by the fact that she was where she wanted to be.

Hope the next weeks aren't to hard on you.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thank's for all. Regards, marine corp tattoo designs really hope to be your friends

3:05 AM  
Blogger sweeter112 said...

Donc, supposrr que vous utilisez n't contenu signifiant los angeles notice delaware customization et cual vous los angelesseul surface trop hardi la ceinture Carhartt, gateau unique rentable the fondateur example avec accoster avec not seul monument. Vous l . a .une whang inhabituelle, sans besoins d'achat un collection d'objets.casque monster beats pro

2:23 AM  
Blogger Aakash said...

thank you for sharing this great post :-)

Dermacol Beauty Industry Center
Dermacol Online india Shop

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home