Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Doctors We Will Have

Let there be more like him.

My response:

Damn good post.

Excellent description of your balance of duty to society that we all have, to wipe out predators, vs your duty to society as a doctor, to give the best care you can to all people.

That's gotta be a tough call to make, and I think you're making it the right way. Whatever crime was done, punishment is already being served - not your place to add to it.

Care for the patient, and let them finish the sentence they were set.

Docs get to ask the MOST intrusive questions, and DO the most intrusive things (I don't let just anybody stick a knife in me, or shove a camera up my ass, after all!).

On the other hand, there's probably things you don't need or want to know. And as they say, "If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question".

Good job, Doc, and once again, I hope you wind up practicing in Fort Worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home