Thursday, March 23, 2006

I Guess Gratitude Isn't a Christian Virtue

Not according to the Christian Peacemaker Teams, anyway.

This sickens me.

Note: I am a Christian, and happy and proud to say so.

No, I'm not a holy-roller, or a Bible-thumper. I believe in the First Amendment, and the right for people to choose whatever religion they want, or to choose not to be religious. That's an individual choice each of us has to make.

I do, however, have a problem with people who interpret their religion as instructing them to CUT MY HEAD OFF because I don't share their religious views.

I also have a problem with people who profess to be Christians, and sympathize more with people who would like to CUT THEIR HEADS OFF FOR BEING CHRISTIANS than with the soldiers who went into harm's way to make sure those particular heads stayed attached to the proper shoulders.

I have a problem with people who say they were "released", when what really happened was that their captors were overwhelmed by military force to bring the former captives to safety, and the former captors to justice.

These people disgust me, and I'm embarrased to have to say that I share my Saviour with them.

Once again, I find myself agreeing with Misha... "Next Time, Let Them Rot".

1 Comments:

Blogger Rivrdog said...

Escapes me why the Army let these NGO do-gooders in to the country in the first place. They don't have a single positive thing to do for the occupation forces OR the Iraqi government.

All they have done is fall into the hands of the terrorists, to whom they are simply useful tools.

I say give them all the boot.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home