Saturday, November 04, 2006

On Toilets and Knowledge

I replaced a toilet tonight in our master bathroom.

Never done that before. I've removed a toilet, in a room slated for demolition, but never installed one, or removed one in a way conducive to replacing it.

Complete success, even if it took 4-5x longer than a professional would have.

I told Lisa, "When you say your prayers tonight, thank Daddy".

She asked, "Why, for teaching you how to replace a toilet?"

My reply: "Nope, I never saw him replace a toilet, so he never taught me about that. Thank him for teaching me how to figure shit out that I've never seen before."

Thanks, Daddy.

2 Comments:

Blogger og said...

You got that right, ma brotha.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Aaron Neal said...

Thanks, Og.

I'm betting that your Dad and my Dad are, right now, watching us to see which of us does good (based on what we learned from them) next.

From what you've written, I'll bet they're getting along famously.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home