Friday, August 29, 2008

Politics - Yuck.

Ok, long time, no post. I'll get some more garden info up soon, it's been... interesting.

Big thing for today is McCain's choice for Veep. I think Palin is awesome.

McCain sucks, Obama sucks worse - Liberal vs Marxist - Palin seems ok though?

Honestly, I think that would be good for the country.

When watching the news coverage this morning, I was reminded of an essay Robert Heinlein wrote circa 1980 - I read it in his book "Expanded Universe", and it's called "Over the Rainbow", in which a VP is suddenly elevated to POTUS, and proceeds to solve most of the country's problems via common sense.

I could see Palin doing that. We can only hope.

I don't like McCain; I don't like how he's treated the Bill of Rights as his own personal toilet paper. I've been planning on voting for him -correction: against the Marxist Obama- because as Kim du Toit says, "I love my country more than I hate John McCain".

Palin gives me a reason for voting FOR McCain, even if it goes along with a hope that he'll (for one reason or another) retire gracefully and EARLY.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rivrdog said...

Politics DOES suck, but we're saved by football and also the Boys of October.

Got a new toy today, see my blog.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home