Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Alex's First Trike

I finished assembling Alex's first tricycle this afternoon. Then I sat back and looked at it, imagined him riding on it, and took a picture (crappy cellphone pic, not postable) that I sent to Lisa and Mom.

Mom replied, "Cool reminds me of your first trike love you".

That made me think of Daddy assembling my first trike, a LONG time ago. If that was when I was 1.5-2 years old, that would have made Daddy 26 or 27. That reminded me that Lisa and I got a late start on kids, and I'm FUCKING OLD!!!!

I'm 38 - when Daddy was my age, we were starting to think about my first CAR!!!!

Ahh well... play the hand that's dealt, right? At 38, I'm definately older than Daddy was when I was Alex's age... and hopefully, a bit wiser. Maybe as wise at Alex's Toddler-stage as Daddy was at my Teenager-stage. I'll hope so, anyway.

Daddy was always pretty fucking smart - but by the time I was a teenager, he was REALLY smart; or so he seemed to me. Seemed like there wasn't anything he couldn't figure out, even if some things took a bit of figuring and a bit of time. That was in his late 30s to early 40s; just about the age I'm at now. I pray I can do as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rivrdog said...

So, Alex is at the stage known as "tricycle motor". You're doomed, your furniture is doomed, every wall not protected by furniture is doomed.

Before handing him the "keys" to that trike, make some very simple "rules of the road", and ENFORCE THEM!

I have a theory. How he drives that trike will determine how he drives that first car.

I was a destruction derby trike rider, and I also had 3 car accidents before I was 17...

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home