Saturday, May 23, 2009

Some shit just makes me angry.

Joe's quote of the day, while I agree with it, points out a problem in the current gun debate.

Badasses DO NOT NEED GUNS. Hand-to-hand, fist-to-jaw, if I'm trying to protect my wife and son, I'd probably do around 50%.

Hand-to-hand, fist-to-jaw, Lisa might do 10%. Alex would do 0% - casualty or hostage.

Muzzle-to-home intruder, I'd probably do better than 95%; Lisa would probably do better than 90%. Alex would probably be safe under those circumstances.

We're winning the debate, but we need to keep the pressure on. Keep asking the question (thanks to Joe), "Can you demonstrate one time or place, throughout all history, where the average person was made safer by restricting access to handheld weapons?"

That's a correct quote, copied from his site. But it's the Question To Ask, or as Joe calls it, "Just One Question".

Keep asking it, keep pushing. We're winning, for now, don't let up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home