Sunday, February 12, 2006

Iran Holocaust Cartoon Contest

Regarding the past couple weeks' flare-up of the Incessantly Indignant over a few artists' renderings, I don't have much to add do the conversation.

But just for the record, I'll say Free Speech is not relative. There is NO SUCH THING as a "right" to never be offended. But there IS such a right with regards to being able to speak one's mind without the government punishing the speaker FOR THE SPEECH.

Now, the Iranian gov't newspaper is trying to be clever and fight back with Holocaust cartoons.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Respond to depictions of a holy prophet with depictions of the murder of millions.

Actually, there might be a bit of insight in there somewhere...

Anyway... using SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, israelnewsagency.com is running a campaign to make sure the search phrase "Iran Holocaust Cartoon Contest" doesn't give the Iranian state paper the top billing on Google.

Also known as a "Google Bomb".

So here's my few grains of powder (I only have a few readers, after all) to the bomb. Considering I've always sided with America's ally Israel, until recently the only functioning democracy in the Middle East, against terrorists and the states that sponsor them, this is the least I can do.

Especially - and don't forget this - Iran's current leader is one of the terrorists responsible for taking the American Embassy personell hostage back when I was a kid. That camel-botherer can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned.

And they say Americans have short memories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home