Sunday, February 12, 2006

My Gorgeous

So by now, you should all know that my wife's name is Lisa. And just in case you didn't notice, I love her VERY MUCH.

In fact, the day of our wedding, I forgot everything from the rehersal that we did the night before, and kept trying to say "I DO" at all the wrong times. Interrupting the pastor, etc. Over and over, "I DO". And I STILL DO.

Now, we lost our first son, Taylor, because of an unforseen medical condition with Lisa. Now that we know about it, though, it can be dealt with. Part of dealing with it involves Lisa being on bed rest for about the last 2/3 of the pregnancy. Obviously, this won't do good things for her muscle tone, or her weight, so we have a goal to reach before she gets pregnant again.

And she's busting her ass to get there.

I'm trying to do my part - I hate gyms, so I can't really contribute much there, but on her diet, I'll do whatever it takes. She's on Weight Watchers, which seems to be quite a reasonable diet plan. There's a reason WW has been around for DECADES.

Now, Weight Watchers is all about portion control. And it seems to work. And I told Lisa I'd do whatever I could to help her - same meals, etc. No way am I going to ask her to cook one thing for her dinner, and something else for me.

She thinks this is something special. So do the people she talks to on the WW message boards.

I'm not doing anything special. I'm just doing what I said I would do, and taking care of my family - right now, it's just Lisa, but soon it will be a little one. And then another little one, and then maybe another :)

I love Lisa very much; and I look forward to us having kids. I'll do anything I need to in order to make that a reality. Including eating diet foods with her. She's my Gorgeous, and if all goes well, she'll soon be the mother of my children... in other words, a Goddess. Oh, wait... she already is. After all, she puts up with me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rivrdog said...

The best of luck to you both. I know, as sure as being TOLD, that you both will get through this test and have a beautiful, healthy child.

Anything I can do here, you know who to call.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home