Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Big News

Ok, it's been a little over a week, but here it is:

Lisa's pregnant.

As those of you who know us, or have been following along closely, we lost our first child to very premature birth.

And we're trying again.

Yes, I'm excited. Yes, I'm scared shitless.

This past Thursday I saw the first sonogram... as the sonogram tech said, "There's your peanut"

Yep, the baby looks like a peanut, except peanuts don't have heartbeats, and I could see on the screen a clear heartbeat. It looked like a little strobe light.

The due date is late June. Please send us whatever good thoughts or prayers that suit you... we'll take them all :)

Thank you all. I'll keep everybody posted, at least intermittently :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Dirk said...

Good luck. I can only imagine how emotionally wound up you must be right now.
I hgope that all goes well and in twelve months time you are complaining about lack of sleep.

11:59 PM  
Blogger og said...

In my prayers as always.

4:10 AM  
Blogger og said...

In my prayers as always.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Kim du Toit said...

Ayeeeesh. All our best thoughts are with you. Tell Lisa to take it easy... PLEASE.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home