Sunday, December 03, 2006

Nerd vs Geek

Thoughts please?

This topic came up between Lisa and I tonight at Olive Garden, when I subconciously, then conciously, looked at how she cut her fried raviolies.

I'll spare you all the gory details, and cut to the chase:

In my opinion, nerds are people full of random information that has no bearing on the real world (think Batman vs Superman).

Geeks are people full of random information that has a real bearing on the real world (think cooling fried raviolis off by cutting crossways vs diaganol).

Lisa called me a nerd for trying to remember the therorm of (a squared) + (b squared) = (c squared) to define why cutting raviolis into triangles was better than cutting them into smaller rectangles, if the goal is to not have them scald the mouth.

I insisted that I wasn't a nerd, I'm a geek.

Geeks are full of random, yet useful, information. Nerds are full of random and useless information.

Thoughts, comments please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home