Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lots of folks are running lists of the good things they're thankful for today.

I'm going to go a little bit different.

I'm thankful for the assholes, idiots, problems, setbacks, and outright failures I've suffered in the past year.

The good things I'm thankful for are too numerous to write them all down; I'd inevitably leave some out.

But like stars, they don't really stand out unless they're against a dark backdrop - and the dark backdrop of all the negatives in life make even the smallest positive stand out - like a distant, dim star that still sparkles on a really dark night.

The negatives make even the smallest positive something notable - something to enjoy; something to make note of; something that can make you smile, no matter how small.

Wade through the crap, and remember - it's manure that makes flowers bloom brightest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home